Welcome to Being Mom. We are so happy that you are spending some time here today. This blog is designed for visitors to explore modern parenting in the Catholic Faith. Raising children is difficult in an unsure world. Raising children in the Faith can be just as difficult. We invite you to read and comment, gain some insight on service and education, and discover and share ways to contribute to the community. Treat yourself .

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

We Have a Chest Cold

I have to admit that I am a scared-y-pants when it comes to bacteria and viruses. Their potential is endless, and as a mom all I want to do is exterminate them immediately.

For three weeks during the Christmas season I had the worst chest cold. It just wanted to be bronchitis. But I wouldn't let it. Now, the little one has it and we are fighting it every step of the way. After my doctor recommended some over the counter medicines we have taken the offensive. Lots of water, plain but nutritious food, lots of sleep, restful activities, and some old fashion tried and true remedies. And slowly, but surely we are winning the war.

I panic inside, but I show an outer composure of nurturing confidence. My husband has chronic asthma that is always one cold away from a hospital visit. So when a germ invades our house we go on high alert. Washing sheets, changing toothbrushes, disinfecting, no touching eyes or nose. We must conquer.

No comments: