Welcome to Being Mom. We are so happy that you are spending some time here today. This blog is designed for visitors to explore modern parenting in the Catholic Faith. Raising children is difficult in an unsure world. Raising children in the Faith can be just as difficult. We invite you to read and comment, gain some insight on service and education, and discover and share ways to contribute to the community. Treat yourself .

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Honesty

My husband and I try to teach our little one about honesty. We model honesty. We explain honesty in terms that she can understand. She is influenced by the family members and friends that she knows and of course she is exposed to honesty in church. Right now, she is in a stage where she is decoding what is a an untruth and what actually happened. But buying a car can really aggravate an honest person.

I simply do not understand it. I guess you could call me a strong personality. Honesty is what I am known for. I try to still be respectful and gentle, but honest. So when my husband and I explain to the salesman what we want and what we can pay for it, why does he show us something else? Just give me what I want. I don't have this kind of time. And if you can't show me what I need, just tell me and I will move on. Well, in one of my honest moves today, we left the dealership still without a new car. I thanked him for his time, but left. He offered all sorts of other ideas and hopes to give my husband and me a call. (Just wait till he does.)

Honesty. People should try it. It's refreshing and makes for good business.

No comments: