Welcome to Being Mom. We are so happy that you are spending some time here today. This blog is designed for visitors to explore modern parenting in the Catholic Faith. Raising children is difficult in an unsure world. Raising children in the Faith can be just as difficult. We invite you to read and comment, gain some insight on service and education, and discover and share ways to contribute to the community. Treat yourself .

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Mommy Sick Days

Yes, I over did it. After a disorganized Monday, Tuesday became a bit too crazy. I over did it and wound up sick that night. Food was the enemy and the world seemed too loud and fast paced. I called in back-up. I made my mother take a different lunch hour and come babysit the little one so that we could have a moments rest. (She was happy to just have some time with the little one that she didn't even mind.) My husband was so kind as to see that I was as pale as a sheet and in agony so, he took a sick day yesterday so that I could be sick. All I needed was some bland food and lots of rest. (NO prenatal vitamin today!) By this morning, I was still a bit weak, but my appetite was coming back. I've been through this before with out first pregnancy. We don't realize how fast paced our lives are until my body states in bold language, "ENOUGH!"

Mommy took a sick day. They really aren't sick days because the little one still needs to know that you are there and that everything will be alright. The husband has, what seems like, a million questions about where things are and who gets what and when. And you know that whenever you get back into the groove, there will be a mess waiting for you somewhere. But when it is all said and done, you have to remember that you have to do what's best for you and the little one within. It's only fair. And a little time away from the norm always helps other appreciate the job that you do everyday.

Prognosis: We all should be alright with continued rest and small frequent meals.

No comments: