Welcome to Being Mom. We are so happy that you are spending some time here today. This blog is designed for visitors to explore modern parenting in the Catholic Faith. Raising children is difficult in an unsure world. Raising children in the Faith can be just as difficult. We invite you to read and comment, gain some insight on service and education, and discover and share ways to contribute to the community. Treat yourself .

Friday, March 13, 2009

Taking A Look Back

In search for inspiration for today's blog, I took a scroll back in time to some previous posts from last year. I read "God Shots" and determined that although I was in the throws of my first trimester with the littlest one, I was a much calmer person than I am now.

Time to stop, reflect, and pray on what allowed me to be more at peace then. Hormones? Maybe. But I would be willing to guess that it was just time. Time to write this blog, time to play more with the little one, time to work on my hobbies. It is completely understandable that I wouldn't have lots of time after a new baby to do all sorts of things, but now the littlest one isn't so new and it is time to have time.

Take this self-reflective journey with me. How have you changed over the last year? Good changes? Not so good changes? How can you bring yourself around so that you can live a more Spirited life?

Maybe this would be a good time to read a good book on life, love, and parenting by someone who had something to say on the subject. Big Russ and Me by the late Tim Russert is an excellent start. So please join me in the rebirth of Being Bookish, our on-line bookclub featuring Catholic authors and Catholic concerns. Each month we will be featuring a different book and discussion. Find Big Russ and Me and join the conversation this April.

No comments: