Welcome to Being Mom. We are so happy that you are spending some time here today. This blog is designed for visitors to explore modern parenting in the Catholic Faith. Raising children is difficult in an unsure world. Raising children in the Faith can be just as difficult. We invite you to read and comment, gain some insight on service and education, and discover and share ways to contribute to the community. Treat yourself .

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Shoes, Shoes, & More Shoes!

"Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. It has been three days since my last blog..."

Every Sunday night, my parents come over for dinner. They enjoy spending time with the kids and staying on top of all the family news. (On Monday's we have dinner with my husband's parents. I know...it can be family overload sometimes, but we love them.)

This Sunday my mother brought over ravioli and a sleeve of rolls. Delicious! So after all the excitement had died down and the littlest one was on his way to dreamland, I turned around to see my oldest with my shoe stuffed with bread from dinner. Shocked, I said, "Why is there bread in my shoe?" To which she replied, "I was only trying to keep it all together."

What do you say after that? I told her that I understood, but that Mommy's shoe was not the best idea. She removed all the bread and put it in the trash. While I was helping her do that, the dog decided to partake in the crumbs that were left behind in the shoe, licking the interior of the shoe clean.

Struggling to save my shoe, I shooed the dog away and turned to my husband, trying to hold back the laughter, I said, "Your going to have to disinfect that."

And the dog licked her lips in satisfaction,
the oldest moved on to another task,
and my husband and I lost our battle with composure and laughed ourselves silly.

No comments: