Welcome to Being Mom. We are so happy that you are spending some time here today. This blog is designed for visitors to explore modern parenting in the Catholic Faith. Raising children is difficult in an unsure world. Raising children in the Faith can be just as difficult. We invite you to read and comment, gain some insight on service and education, and discover and share ways to contribute to the community. Treat yourself .

Friday, April 17, 2009

The Ring of Fire

Ever have that kind of a week where the climate of your household changes at the drop of a hat? One minute things are going well, and the next well, let's just say it's similar to a volcano eruption.

The littlest one is the proud owner of five teeth and is in the vigorous process of acquiring more. The oldest is in the process of mastering potty training and is prone to emotional upheavals if things do not "go" as planned. Staying calm in the face of adversity is the ultimate test of patience of which this week I have failed on occasion. Needless to say, I have had a great deal of "Lord, give me strength" moments. It's a domino effect. One thing starts to go wrong and the next thing you know, you are standing in a ring of fire with explosions all around you.

I think this deserves a pint of chocolate ice cream, my favorite pajamas, and a foot rub. Oh,husband, where for art thou husband?

1 comment:

The Jaracz Family said...

I felt like that yesterday, too. But somehow today I'm on top of the world. (Ride the wave, I try telling myself.) I worked through it by ignoring all the chaos for once, and cleaned my kitchen from top to bottom. That really made me feel better! But chocolate ice cream sounds great. Funny how the hubby seems to disappear when most needed...and the dog who's usually great always gets into trouble in these situations!